KEMET’s website provides part number-specific STEP files for our capacitors. In this episode, James shows the different kinds of mechanical data we have available for most of our capacitor families. Whether you need a land pattern, dimensions, or even a 3D model, they can all be found using our search engine, search.kemet.com.
We’re taking a break after this episode. If you’re new to Ask An FAE, check out the previous seven episodes. Ask us your question using the form below. We will be back with new episodes soon.
Episode Key Points
- Family Level Datasheets contain:
- Component Pictures
- Dimensional Drawings
- Recommended Land Patterns (Surface Mount)
- Construction Diagrams (Exploded View)
- Material Sets Used
- KEMET provides part number specific STEP files
- Search for capacitor STEP files at search.kemet.com
- ComponentEdge: KEMET’s component search engine
- Example ceramic capacitor C0805C104K1RAC STEP (downloads file)
- Blog post explaining more about KEMET’s capacitor STEP files
- Open source 3D modeling tool (can view STEP files): FreeCAD