KEMET at EMV 2019
Join us in Stuttgart, Germany from March 19-21 to discuss Electromagnetic Compatibility! We will have interactive activities and new products to share. While we do not want to give it all away, here is a quick overview of what to expect.
Make sure you experience our augmented reality 100 years of KEMET display. Experts in our capacitor and sensor business groups will be ready to answer your questions about film, electrolytic, polymer, and ceramic capacitors, as well as magnetics and sensors.
Our touch displays double as a whiteboard and application guides, allowing you to take notes on your conversations with our experts. You can then email these notes to your personal email to keep a digital copy. Discover how KEMET can help you with your design issues. Be sure to check out our interactive product showcase, as well as our popular anechoic wall tiles.
Safety Film: F863 class X2 miniature capacitors
The F863 is constructed of metallized polypropylene film, encapsulated with self-extinguishing resin in a box material recognized by UL 94 V–0. The F863 is ideal for harsh environmental conditions and meets the demanding Automotive Electronics Council’s AEC–Q200 qualification requirements.
Typical applications include parallel connection and in series with the mains for indoor application, capacitive power supplies with special emphasis in automotive applications for severe ambient conditions.
• Approvals: ENEC, UL, cUL, CQC
• Rated voltage: 310 VAC 50/60 Hz
• Capacitance range: 0.1 – 10.0 µF
• Lead spacing: 15.0 – 37.5 mm
• Capacitance tolerance: ±20%, ±10%
• Climatic category: 40/110/56, IEC 60068–1
• Tape Reel in accordance with IEC 60286–2
• RoHS Compliant and lead-free terminations
• Operating temperature range of −40°C to +110°C
• 100% screening factory test at 1,900 VDC
• Qualification based on AEC–Q200 guidelines
KEMET’s U2J KONNEKT surface mount capacitors are designed for high-efficiency and high-density power applications. KONNEKT utilizes an innovative Transient Liquid Phase Sintering (TLPS) material to create a leadless multi-chip solution. When combined with KEMET’s ultrastable U2J dielectric, KONNEKT enables a low-loss, low inductance package capable of handling extremely high ripple currents in the hundreds of kilohertz.
U2J is an extremely stable Class I dielectric material that exhibits a negligible shift in capacitance with respect to voltage and a predictable and linear change in capacitance with reference to ambient temperature, with minimal aging effect. Capacitance change is limited to –750 ±120 ppm/°C from –55°C to +125°C.
These capacitors can also be mounted in a low-loss orientation to further increase its power handling capability. The low-loss orientation lowers ESR (Effective Series Resistance) and ESL (Effective Series Inductance) which increases ripple current handling capability.
• Extremely high-power density and ripple current capability
• Extremely low equivalent series resistance (ESR)
• Extremely low equivalent series inductance (ESL)
• Operating temperature range of −55°C to +125°C
• No capacitance shift with voltage
• Low noise
• Surface mountable using standard MLCC reflow profiles
• Low-loss orientation option for higher current handling capability
• RoHS compliant and Pb-free
The KEMET Magnetic Sheet for radio frequency identification (RFID) Flex Suppressor® prevents interference between a loop antenna and metallic objects and effectively improves the communication range of RFID. The flexible sheet is a polymer base, blended with micron-sized magnetic powders dispersed throughout the material. These sheets improve the magnetic flux convergence and can be cut into a variety of shapes and sizes.
• Cell phone with radio frequency identification (RFID) function
• Contactless IC card
• RFID reader/writer
• RFID tag
• Magnetic flux convergence improvement – increases the relative permeability (u’) while keeping the magnetic loss (u”) low.
• Effective carrier frequency 13.56 MHz and below
• Resistant to shock, not brittle
• Thin, flexible material used in portable equipment
• Virtually no limitation in where it can be used
• Less time required for installation
• Easily cut into any shape
• Easily laminates the Flex Suppressor® roll to the tag roll
• RoHS compliant and halogen-free