Join us at APEC: Booth 653
Join us in Anaheim from March 17-21 to discuss Applied Power Electronics! We will have interactive activities and new products to share. Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect. Be sure to visit us at Booth #653.
Guess the Capacitance
We’re partnering with Mouser for a competition. We’ll have two jars with the same capacitance value based on two different technologies, KO-CAP and MLCC. Tell us your best guess for a chance to win!
Talk to our experts
Experts in our capacitor and sensor business groups will be ready to answer your questions about Film, Electrolytic, Polymer and Ceramic capacitors, as well as sensors and Flex Suppressors!
Our object recognition table is one you won’t want to miss! Learn all the details about our new and upcoming technologies. Plus, you’ll get to see some of our featured products up close and personal.
Touchscreen Interactive Application Guides
Discover how KEMET can help in your design through our interactive application guides. Our touch displays double as a whiteboard, allowing you to take notes on your conversations with our experts. Then you can email it to yourself when you’re done!
Our new KEMET Application Intelligence Center (KAIC) will showcase demonstrations of application-specific designs. If you have not checked out our lab, visit now!
KEMET’s U2J KONNEKT surface mount capacitors are designed for high-efficiency and high-density power applications. KONNEKT utilizes an innovative Transient Liquid Phase Sintering (TLPS) material to create a leadless multi-chip solution. When combined with KEMET’s ultra-stable U2J dielectric, KONNEKT enables a low-loss, low inductance package capable of handling extremely high ripple currents in the hundreds of kilohertz.
• Extremely high-power density and ripple current capability
• Extremely low equivalent series resistance (ESR)
• Extremely low equivalent series inductance (ESL)
• Operating temperature range of −55°C to +125°C
• No capacitance shift with voltage
• Low noise
• Surface mountable using standard MLCC reflow profiles
• Low-loss orientation option for higher current handling capability
• RoHS compliant and Pb-free
• Wide bandgap (WBG), silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) systems
• Data centers
• LLC resonant converters
• Switched tank converters
• Wireless charging systems
• Photovoltaic systems
• Power converters
• DC link
Polymer (T598 and T599)
The KEMET Organic Capacitor (KO-CAP) is a solid electrolytic capacitor with a conductive polymer cathode, capable of delivering very low ESR and an improved capacitance retention at high frequencies. KO-CAP combines the low ESR of the multilayer ceramic, the high capacitance of aluminum electrolytic and the volumetric efficiency of tantalum into a single surface mount package. Unlike liquid electrolyte-based capacitors, KO-CAP has a very long operational life and a high ripple current capabilities.
The T591/T598/T599 High Humidity and High Temperature Polymer Electrolytic capacitors deliver higher capacitance and ESR stability under harsh environmental conditions. Enhancements to the design and selected material upgrades were introduced to deliver 500 hours (T591) or 1,000 hours (T598, T599) at 85°C/85% RH rated voltage and to fully comply with the AEC-Q200 qualification testing with maximum operational temperature life up to 125°C and 150°C respectively. These capacitors are manufactured in an ISO TS 16949 certified plant and are subjected to PPAP/PSW, as well as change control.
• Ultra low ESR
• Full compliance with AEC–Q200 qualification test plan (T598 125°C, T599 150°C)
• Qualification plan based on AEC–Q200 with 85°C/85% RH load specification limited to 500 hours T591)
• TS 16949 certified plant
• Subject to PPAP/PSW and change control
• Meets or exceeds EIA standard 535BAAC
• Tape & Reel standard packaging per EIA 481
• Halogen-free epoxy and RoHS compliant
The C4AQ series is suited for industrial, automotive and power supply designs for DC link, DC filtering and energy storage applications, while the C4AF series addresses similar applications, but is specifically designed for harsh environments
KEMET’s new series of power film capacitors meet the requirements of AEC-Q200. AEC-Q200 qualified devices within the C4AQ and C4AF ranges address the requirements of the increasing amounts of electronic content in automotive applications, where operating environments can be particularly challenging from both an electrical and environmental standpoint.
The new RoHS compliant capacitors have a polypropylene metallized film construction and are available as two or four radial leaded board mount devices. Available values for the C4AQ series range from 1.0 µF to 130 µF, with additional sampling for 170 µF and 210 µF. Voltage values span from 500 VDC to 1500 VDC. Devices from the C4AF series are designed for use in more demanding and harsh applications and are offered in capacitance values up to 62 µF with voltage ratings up to 400 VAC.
Magnetics (Power Inductors)
The KEMET SSHB coils are dual mode chokes with a wide variety of characteristics. These hybrid coils realize the two functions of normal mode countermeasure as well as common mode noise suppression, with just one coil. Reducing the number of required products ensures cost savings and space efficiency. Our proprietary core materials provide optimized solutions for high temperature requirements (standard type) or for high permeability needs (R type). In addition, the specially developed shape provides excellent efficiency on the normal noise suppression.
• Proprietary 5HT and 10HZ ferrite materials and equivalents
• Optimization of magnetic circuit and material
• One coil to suppress both common and normal noise
• High impedance in wide frequency range due to divided bobbin
• High permeability for R type
• Operating temperature range from −25°C to +130°C for standard type
• Operating temperature range from −25°C to +120°C for R type
• Low leakage magnetic flux to outside
• UL94 V-0 flame retardant rated base and bobbin
Sensor (Current Sensor)
Alternating current sensors can be used to detect very low current levels and for overcurrent protection in electronic appliances.
Typical applications include overcurrent detection in microcontroller-based equipment, refrigerators, air conditioners, inductive heating, servo motors, inverters, UPSs and SMPS.